The After School Bus Program is one of our most popular programs! Skaters will be able to skate for 1.5 hours, and skate rental is included. Students will be picked up at their school during dismissal time by a city bus and transported to the Arena. Upon arrival an Arena Staff member will meet the bus and escort skaters into the building. Attendance is taken by School staff when the skaters get on the bus and by an Arena employee when they arrive at the Arena. Arena staff will tie skaters skates, help with helmets and other needs. Skaters are supervised by Arena Staff from the moment they get on the bus to the conclusion of the program
- Parents must arrange for transportation home from, Arena
- Skaters must be picked up by conclusion of program. They can be picked up early.
- Parents must sign their skaters out and pick up their shoes at skate rental. ** Must have ID ready to show at sign out
- All skaters must be registered for the school that they attend
- Skaters must take the bus to the Arena. They can not be driven separate
- All skaters under 11 must wear a helmet
- The Arena reserves the right to dismiss a child from the program for behavioral reasons. No refund will be given and that child will not be able to register again.
Each elementary school in the Mentor School District will get fliers with dates and times of the program for each student to take home.
How to register for this program:
Full payment is due at time of registration. Registration closes two business days before the program starts, at 5PM! If a school does not meet the minimum participation requirement (10) the Arena is subject to cancel that school. Registration will not be accepted on program start date
Call the Arena (440) 974-5730 during normal business hours (8:30-5:00PM Monday-Friday)
Drop off payment and form at the Ice Arena during normal business hours (8:30-5:00PM Monday-Friday)
Online 24/7 click here (must have a city account created by a city employee)
DO NOT SEND REGISTRATION FORM OR PAYMENT TO YOUR CHILDS SCHOOL
Who can pick up my child?
You will receive a check out form 1 week prier to the program starting. Whoever you put on the list can sign your child out. They must have a valid ID to show at pickup
Should I send my child with money?
Yes, there is a concession stand and vending machines available. Please note, the Arena is not responsible for any lost or stolen money.
Are there lessons included in this program?
There are no formal lessons in this program. The skaters do play on ice games at the start of each day. For information on lessons check out our Learn to Skate Program.
Can I watch my child skate?
Yes! You can come and watch, free of charge. However, you can not skate with your child.
My child got put on the waitlist. Now what?
This program fills up very fast. Sometimes within the first few hours. We will put your child on a waitlist and if anything opens up we will give you a call. Our waitlist does not carry over between sessions.