MENTOR ICE ARENA REOPENING POLICY COVID-19 8/28/2020
In the interest of public safety and confidence as well as efforts toward providing a sustainable service we are asking the following of parents, coaches and participants. Please read and follow these City of Mentor COVID-19 policies.
Effective August 3, 2020, MASKS ARE MANDATORY IN THE FACILITY AT ALL TIMES. Skaters, coaches and officials may remove them while on the ice. Bench coaches and personnel must wear masks. Skaters, please bring a brown bag with your name on it to put your mask in when you are skating.
Please notify the Arena if you have a positive case of a family member who has been to the Arena in 14 days prior to diagnosis.
In compliance with the State order, only one spectator per skater will be permitted in the facility.
As per the State Orders, Section F, Paragraph 5 – ”Failure to comply may result in a venue being shut down”.
- • AT THIS TIME ONLY ONE SPECTATOR ALLOWED PER SKATER
- • MASKS MUST BE WORN in the arena by everyone over the age of ten who is not on the ice.
- • Please do not come to the Arena if you or your skater is registering a temperature of 100.4 or higher or is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- • Please have your child dressed and prepared to take the ice before arriving at the Arena. Locker rooms will only be available for the purpose of distancing.
- • Showers will not be available.
- • Please arrive no sooner than 15 minutes ahead of your child’s ice time and plan to depart from the Arena within that same general time frame.
- • Figure skating room will not be available at this time.
- • To ensure mask compliance, NO FOOD IS ALLOWED IN EITHER RINK.
- • Please be aware of and maintain social distancing measures as this is a condition of the Arena opening.
- • Signage and X marks will be through-out the building to help with social distancing.
- • Please abide by proper entry and exit doors.
- • Please arrange any necessary discussions with coaches or others to be done outside.
- • Please have your skater’s jerseys, pants, socks, etc. washed after each use.
- • Please be sure to leave all of your skater’s personal items in your car.
- • Only bring your own marked water bottle on the ice. All belongings must stay in the lobby or by your chair or bench.
- • An X will be on boards to put water bottles, six feet apart.
• Please maintain the appropriate 6-foot distancing measures throughout your ice session when possible.
• Please govern the manner in which your skaters enter and exit the ice as it relates to proper distancing.
• Do not allow your skaters to spit on the ice.
• Do not have “huddled” team meetings. Those shall take place when necessary outside and in a manner which reflects distancing measures.
• Please do not share items or equipment.
• Please plan to exit the Arena immediately after practice and hold any necessary team discussions outside. Distancing requirements still apply.
• Must use your own water bottle, marked with name, NO concessions will be available at this time.
• Please maintain the 6-foot distancing measures at all times.
• No hugging, hand shaking, fist bumps, etc.
• Do not share water bottles or any other personal belongings.
• Please do not stray into any other part of the Arena where your group’s activities are not scheduled.
The Arena has taken necessary actions and precautions to be able to open and provide for its customers the opportunity to return to the ice:
• Traffic patterns through the downstairs lobby have been established and designed to create a unified flow of entry and egress.
• Markings have been placed on the floor six feet apart to indicate and act as a constant visual of the necessary distancing requirements.
• Personal hygiene stations (hand cleaner and sanitizer) have been added in the lobby for your use.
• LiveBarn livestream services are available for you and family members to view on-ice activities.
Contact Bill Furman, Mentor Ice Arena Manager, at email@example.com or (440) 974-5730 regarding any questions related to the Mentor Ice Arena reopening policies.